Contact our Website
UCapture has appointed an officer, Avery Michaelson, who is accountable for the compliance with these privacy principles. You may contact him by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Kind of Information UCapture Collects
We take care to protect any information we receive from you when you use this website. In some cases, you submit personally identifiable information (“PII”). In addition, non-personally identifiable information may automatically be transmitted to our servers from your computer. This policy will explain what happens with both types of information.
Member-Submitted Information: When you join, you are only required to submit your screen name, a password and an email address. This information is only personally identifiable if you choose to make it so by incorporating your real name or identifying information into those fields. Optionally, you may provide your name, birthdate and address on the “My Profile” settings. You may change these settings at any time and you may also change your leaderboard settings so that your screen name is not revealed to other Members.
Automatically Logged Info: We receive some “log information” automatically when you access a page of the UCapture website via a browser, app or device. This may include information such as the web page you came from or are going to, terms you search, pages you visited on UCapture, your IP address, mobile device ID, telephone number, browser type, browser language, device type and data contained in “cookies” (defined below) that may identify your device, computer, browser and UCapture account.
Cookies and Related Tools: A “cookie” is a small file sent from a web server to your browser and is stored on your computer’s hard drive when you visit certain websites. Cookies help web surfing by saving visitor preferences and other information. UCapture reserves the right to send cookies to your computer or other device. We also may utilize related functions including tracking pixels, tags and related tools when you visit our website or app, or when you use the UCapture Services. These tools collect data regarding your device type and ID, your browser, your operating system, IP address and other technical information. They also collect your session information and navigation history. Cookie information may be associated with personally identifiable information, such as name and email address.
Third Party Data. UCapture’s Advertisers provide information about your transactions, as well as your location and mobile device ID. We may also gather publicly available demographic data from time to time.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
If you submit PII (optional), UCapture may use it in the following ways:
- Transaction information relating to your purchases with our Advertisers enables us to match transactions with screen names and calculate the CO2 you have captured through using the UCapture Service. Access to any details about transactions, if provided by an Advertiser, is limited to key personnel and subject to strict access restrictions.
- Cookies allow us to understand how you use the UCapture Service, website and mobile applications and what products and services may be of interest to you. In some cases, cookies are used to track transactions in order to calculate Credits of CO2 to capture. Cookies are used to report your transaction to our third party service providers (subject to strict confidentiality obligations).
- Your internet protocol address and current device location can be used to determine your general location, so that we may provide customized location-based information or special offers. Likewise, if you choose to provide your address, we may send such location-based information.
- Your navigation information from when you use our Website and tracking information from emails enables us to customize the communications and advertisements you receive from us and our Advertisers and others.
- Your email address is used to send you newsletters and to alert you to special opportunities and offers. (You may opt-out of these emails, as described below.)
- PII submitted in connection with a request is used only to provide an answer to that specific request.
UCapture may share your personally identifiable information with third parties only when:
- We protect the property, rights or safety of UCapture, our members and others, including disclosing information for fraud protection.
- We sell or otherwise transfer such information to a successor or subsidiary of UCapture, or there is a change of control in UCapture’s business (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise).
- You opt to include it in your username or email address and we utilize third party service providers to process transaction data (subject to strict confidentiality obligations).
- You specifically consent to such disclosure.
We only have your PII if you provide it to us voluntarily.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
UCapture may use non-personally identifiable information in any way it deems necessary or desirable, including without limitation:
- For monitoring, marketing, demographic, and promotional purposes as well as to assist us in customizing the content of our website.
- To produce statistical and/or demographic data for use by advertisers, potential advertisers and other business partners.
- To deliver services or information you have requested, better understand User behavior on our websites and applications, assist in troubleshooting problems and improve the quality of our service.
UCapture will only disclose the information that we gather about you in the aggregate and will take great care and caution to safeguard any information that we gather from or about our Members and other Users.
Our referral program rewards Members for referring new Members to UCapture through the various personalized tools provided by this service. If you join through such a link, your screen name is revealed to your referrer, as well as your total Credits captured (but not specific transaction information). No other information is shared with or revealed to the individual who referred you.
We take the security of all personally identifiable information obtained through the website seriously. UCapture restricts access to personally identifying information to only key company personnel. Non-authorized personnel do not have physical access to our computers or database.
UCapture uses HTTPS, a protocol for secure communication over a computer network which is widely used on the Internet. The main motivation for HTTPS is authentication of the visited website and protection of the privacy and integrity of the exchanged data. No method of electronic storage or transmission of information over the Internet is ever 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee absolute security over your information.
Our Members play a critical part in data security. Never share your password and if you feel your password has been compromised, we advise you to change it immediately. If you access the UCapture Service from a computer or device that is public, shared or otherwise unsecure you should log out of your UCapture account and exit your browser so that no unauthorized persons can use our site under your name and account.
You may opt-out of having your personal information collected or used by contacting us by e-mail or regular mail. Please note that in order to fulfill certain obligations, we may need to continue sending you notices or other important information concerning any orders or services you request.
UCapture will retain your information for as long as you are a Member and/or we deem it necessary to provide you services, comply with our obligations, resolve disputes, audit our records or otherwise enforce our rights. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide you services, you may terminate your UCapture membership by sending an email to email@example.com with the word “RESIGN” in the subject line and your screen name in the body of the email.
Requesting to See Your Personal Information
You may request via e-mail or regular mail that we provide you with the personal information we have concerning you. Once you receive this information, you may request that we modify or remove any of your personal information. We reserve the right to verify your identity before sending you this information. Members also may access and update information stored in your account profile by visiting the UCapture site.
Please note that when a Member visits or shops with one of our Advertisers they are dealing with another company, not UCapture. This means that you enter into a relationship with that company/website separately from UCapture. Any information you share with that Advertiser or merchant is subject to their policies and practices, not to UCapture’s policies or practices. Members are encouraged to read the privacy policies of our Advertisers and merchant partners.
Use caution and common sense when sharing your information. UCapture is not responsible for any publication or use of any personal information you choose to share with others.
UCAPTURE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR NATURE, INCURRED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR NON-USE OF THIRD PARTIES’ WEBSITES.
Access to Children
There are no features of this website directed to children under the age of 13. Those under 13 may not use any interactive features of this website.
Requesting Your Information and California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. In addition to the information we’ve provided above, on request we can provide more information about (i) the information we collect and how third parties use it, (ii) contact information and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) information about the products or services those third parties market. Please reference “UCapture California Customer Choice Notice” when contacting us on this issue. Once you receive this information, you may request that we modify or remove any of your personal information. We reserve the right to verify your identity before sending you this information.
“Do Not Track” Browser Signals
We currently do not actively respond to Do Not Track browser signals.
Date of last update: October 21st, 2016